Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Zaroga's Chicken and Rice Casserole

Picture will come in the future... maybe :0)

Oven Temperature: 375° Bake Time: 45 minutes
Pan: 13" x 9"

1 can (10¾ oz) Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can (14 oz) Swanson Chicken Broth (low fat, low sodium)
1 cup of uncooked rice (I use CalRose , but any regular white rice should work... no converted rice like Uncle Ben's)
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp pepper
¼ poultry seasoning
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast (most of the time I use 3 very large skinless boneless chicken breast and cut them in half.. bone-in chicken doesn't work well)

In a 13" x 9" pan mix the soups, rice, paprika, pepper and poultry seasoning (a whisk or fork does the job best). Arrange the chicken breast on top. Sprinkle the breast with additional paprika and pepper (salt if you want). Cover tightly with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and leave covered for 15 minutes or so before serving.

I sometimes add a little sautéed onion to the soup mixture.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you for the recipe. I am always looking for easy and fast meals, I will try this recipe in a few days.
Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday. Maria

Grammy said...

I do it some what like this. But use cream of celery soup. or broccoli cheese. And add frozen veggie.

Anonymous said...

This looks good!!

Lisa said...

I have always used CalRose but my store stopped selling it and I cant find it anywhere!
Also Danielle tells me there is going to be a shortage on pumpkin in a can this season, so if you can find it, you better get it. Our store is already out!